What is the deal with bare arms ?

I must be missing something I wonder what the history is but aparantly Michelle Obama would be ill advised to bear arms( lol) in England or when meeting the queen . They are arms not boobs imo

And this is not an anti any body post PLEASE!

CSRodriguez

Asked by CSRodriguez at 7:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• According to proper etiquette (which the royal family follows in formal situations) an esteemed guest or someone important that you are going to meet should never be exposed to another woman's "decolletage." The term "decolletage" actually refers to the neckline of the dress but can also refer to covering-up in general, especially the shoulder area. It's nothing against showing your arms, it's about choosing a tasteful and respectful outfit.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• In England, from what I understand, it is most respectful to be completely covered when addressing her Highness the Queen of England. Any type of skin showing below the neck can be considered distasteful. The same goes with a dutchess also. It's etiquette over there.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• that is weird! she IS old.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Etiquette and tradition should be respected and followed, not made fun of. Are Americans the only ones that just don't understand any kind of etiquette whatsoever?

Anonymous

• England has been an ally to the US for many, many years. I think Mrs. Obama can respect the Queen and their customs.

We have a problem in this culture that we think our ways are right. I think the old saying "when in Rome do as the Romans do" fits here
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:12 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I think that woman is so ugly.. sorry!Q
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 8:14 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Thank you to those who answered the question with intelligence and respect.

CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 8:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2009