Are inductions faster than natural labor?

Ive heard they are but they hurt more..Anyone know or have an opinion. Im trying to learn more about inductions because Im having one Thursday (medical reasons) and I never thought I would need one. Ive already asked about 30 induction questions lol. This one just kinda popped in my head =)

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 8:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My water broke at 36w6d and I ended up needing to be induced. I was in labor for 36 hours...I hope I didn't scare you! =) Hopefully my situation was different than most! Good luck!
    Anonymous

• i have heard the process takes Longer because you are forcing your body into it.. but idk!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Both my inductions were very fast, very comfortable, and if were to have another baby I would ask for an induction again. My experience with it was great. Don't worry, you'll be fine! I've had four baby's two inductions, two going into labor on my own.and I preferred the induction over waiting and waiting. When I went in at 5 in the morning because I was in labor with two minute drop to my knees contractions and everyone was staring at me it was hard. I liked that I dealt with all that in private and knew it was coming and I was already comfy.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• my first child was natural and 6 hours after my water broke I had him. My second i was induced and after 19 hours of hard labor they broke my water and I ended up having to have an emergancy c-section due to the cord wrapped around her body 5 times
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 9:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I was induced with both of my boys and both labors went very well!! Both were just under 12 hours. I enjoyed knowing when our baby would be born (so hubby could take time off) and I also liked not having to wonder if I was truly in labor or not.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I personally have had 6 babies and wth 4 of them I was induced ad the other two I was not induced.I personally would choose to be induced for many reasons labor and the delivery does faster,the stess on the baby is lower because they and you don't have to work as hard.
    Jennifermom26gi

Answer by Jennifermom26gi at 10:43 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i was induced and my labor was 20 hours long.
    my sister was induced and her baby was out in 7 hours and she pushed for 2 min
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:45 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i was induced with my 2 and plan on being induced this time around. first time, it was 4 hrs at 39 wks and second time 11.5 hrs at 37 wks. it's painful but you know that you have 12 hrs after the water breaks for labor. after that, they do a c-section.
    tkp1982

Answer by tkp1982 at 12:48 AM on Apr. 3, 2009