My 7.5 year old walks on his toes,HELP???????????

he has been doing this since 3 years old,he has been to theropy for this,it lasted about 2 weeks after theropy and started to walk on his toes again,they crack and peel,we went to the doc again and is going to get him back in theropy but will it do any good?And it dont do any good to tell him to get off his toes its gotten that bad.

momindistress08

Asked by momindistress08 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My friends brother would only walk on his toes. He had a form of Muscular Dystrophy. Hopefully, in your case it is something like the short tendons mentioned above- but I would push the doctor to investigate further to make sure nothing more serious is wrong.
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My first cousin and I used to walk on our toes at a young age. Especially when I was bare feet. I grew out of it but her condition was more serious than mine and she had to end up wearing braces the majority of the time until she was like 12 or 13, somewhere around that age.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• diamondmamma== yeah thats what the doc said that he may have to wear braces,, what do they look like, are they like braces that kids wore with polio? Their going to send him to a more extensive theropy for this but if it dont help then its braces and it will break my heart to see that,will he be able to ride a bike or run or do the normal things? His tendens have drawn in the back of his calves and I do stretch them when he lets me. I REALLY appreciate your help with this.
    momindistress08

Answer by momindistress08 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My husband did the same thing when he was little, he had short tendons, and they had to do stretches.
    Breedermama

Answer by Breedermama at 12:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Has he been checked for cerebral palsy. I had a friend who didnt know her son had it until he was about 5-6 years old. No doctor diagnosed it becuase it was so mild. He would walk on his toes and had a hard time tying his shoes, basically small motor skills. If he has other problems like this I would bring it up to the doctor.
    BonnieboBonnie2

Answer by BonnieboBonnie2 at 6:42 AM on Apr. 1, 2009