• In the Spotlight:

how long after your Mirena was put in did you bleed for?

was it just that day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I bleed for about a month then everytime i had sex. For about another month. Everyone is different but stock up just in case.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I bled for the full 3 months they told me I would, but it was really just spotting. I didn't need pads or tampons, and it wasn't constant. Not nearly so bad in hindsight as I thought it was at the time.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I bled for a month, but never heavy enough to have anything more than pantyliners.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i bled for about 2 months and then spotted for about a month. i have had it 9 months now and i had a period two months ago... the doc said it was just break through bleeding and it can happen. other then that i dont bleed at all!! i still with get all the symptoms of a period, like pimples and bloating but no bleeding!! im sooooo happy with the mirena!
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I bled about two weeks after I got it put in and that was the last time.. I've had mine for 5 months.. I love it.. I've kinda spotted not even enough to talk about personally but I love it
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 12:16 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I have had mine for a little over 3 months now and i am still bleeding. Not heavy but just enough to wear pantyliners or a small pad. I just wish it would stop. My doc told me sex could help make it stop sooner, one problem with that my husband is over seas. ick.
    skylajacobmom

Answer by skylajacobmom at 1:59 AM on Apr. 1, 2009