Do you believe this?

Only the strongest survive. Love is not giving up for your own benefit but standing by the one's you love through the good & bad... that's real love.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• I do believe it. But there are times when it is hard to live by. Like right now. lol My husband has been a butt to me all day. I know he is under a lot of stress and all but taking it out on me is not going to help him and it certainly won't help me feel better about him! I am trying to stick through these bad times to get back to the good but my hubby is NOT making it easy.
    Anonymous

• Well I never did belive that until I met my SO we have been through the craziest shit you could even imagain!! And we are trying to stick with it!! so yes I do belive that and my relationship is proof of that!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yes I do believe that!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I do not believe the strong survive, as I don't believe in "survival" I believe in salvation. But yes, I do believe that real true love, is sacrificial. Christ's love is the only true love and it was sacrificial.
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 9:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• There's a difference in sticking out the bad times and being someone's punching bag. The bad times are when he loses his job, when he's sick, when you have to work because he either doesn't make enough or can't. It's not staying when he's beating you and your children. Or when he's sleeping with other women and you find out because you've caught something. Sometimes, when he's under stress he may speak crossly, when he has too much to drink or develops a drinking problem you stick by him. Get him in rehab. But I see too many women who are beaten and are terrified of their SO but stay with him saying they are being good wives and sticking it out. If you have a partner who is physically or mentally abusive walk away. That's not love. It's not even a real "relationship".
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 10:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I believe love is standing by someone, but at the same time, sometimes that love needs to be expressed in a tough love way, even if that means leaving. Because sometimes to do otherwise is not loving them, it's enabling them. For example, a person who loses their spouse and kids b/c of a drug addiction. That might be what they need to hit bottom and finally realize they need help, and get it together.

Also, sometimes you have to choose between the people you love, because the actions of one is destroying the other such as having to leave an abusive or addicted spouse for the well being of your children.

But to leave because now the person is ill, or broke, or it's "just gotten hard", imo is wrong.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2009