Hair will not grow

Since having my last child in 04, and having a tubal my hair has stopped growing completely, it will get thicker but not long..i take many vitamins and have used different amnio shampoos and what nots, my finger nails grow like wild fire but not my hair...any ideas? btw its naturally curly

Pepperlynn

Asked by Pepperlynn at 12:21 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I used to take prenatal vitamins even after having a baby, it helped my hair grow long and healthy, maybe try that.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 12:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Get your thyroid levels checked.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• there's a chance the tubal is causing hormonal issues which may be the cause. I would def. get it checked out.
    bltcahill

Answer by bltcahill at 2:50 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I would check with your doctor to make sure everything is good. There are two other reasons you feel it's not growing. 1. is it damaged? Damaged hair breaks off easily and can seem like it's not growing. 2. optical illusions - when your hair is at certain points it will look like it's not growing. example: when growing from above the ears to shoulder length, there are a lot of visuals to show you it's growing. Most people get discouraged when the length is somewhere between your ears and your shoulders.
    Sorry I wrambled, hope it helped.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 10:24 AM on Jun. 21, 2008