Do all mormons wear the special underwear?

What if you can't afford them? Does the church give you a discount or a few pair? If you get caught wearing regular underwear what happens?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• What special underwear? elaborate please;o)
    Anonymous

• they are called garments...and I think you have to be at a certain "level" in the church. ...not just anyone can wear them...and they do wear regular underwear underneath those I believe.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• WTF?? mormons.. LOL.. poor things they have to dress as told. ?? Fuck that.
    Anonymous

• I know of one lady that does, but I'm wondering how you are going to get caught? lol.
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• PinkDiamond717 I cant answer your question but i sure do love it! lmao
    Anonymous

• I don't know how they would get caught. I figured there would be some sort of inspecton before service. Or maybe if rushed to the hospital without the right underwear?
    Anonymous

• I would certinly hope there are not inspections, that to me is violation. Maybe in the morning their husbands are like ok dear time to inspect your undies.
    Anonymous

• Under-roo's?

LMAO - sorry - I just couldnt resist.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Magickal drawls.....LOL
    Ok I couldn't help it....snickers.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• lol. These answers are funny.

Ok, so it Mormons do not have to wear garments (aka magic underpants or under roos or magickal drawls lol). So they wouldn't get caught not wearing them. It is a personal choice. But it is a sign of righteousness and living life the "right way".

When someone "goes through the temple" they get their magic underpants. In order to go to the temple, you have to live a nearly sin-free life and be repentant of those mistakes you have made. Some sins are worse than others and take longer to repent for. So sometimes people have to wait. When you are ready to go to the temple, you have a meeting with your bishop and he gives you a temple recommend. Which is like a subway pass into the temple. Boys typically go through the temple before they go on their missions. And girls usually right before they get married. If a girl goes on a mission, she goes through the temple too.'

Hope that helps.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2009