I feel so guilty....

I have been BFing for 7 months and had to start supplementing about a month ago b/c of my supply being low. I originally started pumping and giving her a bottle b/c once in a while I work but then she just really started biting me and we were both crying and I didn't want it to become a negative situation. So she does fine with a bottle during the day and I still nurse her at nite. I guess she's not awake enough to bite! Anyway, I feel so bad for having to give her formula but I don't know what else to do. I have done EVERY supplement known, fenugreek (still taking) oatmeal, tincture, tea, everything....I guess I just need some reassurance, NOT bashing that she will be ok. I don't know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had to stop after about a month or so just because my son wouldn't latch then my milk was low, so i just stopped. it was too much stress for the two of us. be proud you did it for this long and still trying. any amount is amazing! seven months is just fine for your baby to be happy and healthy. good luck momma!!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• aww hun
    its hard, and this is not a bash, but really she will be ok
    i had to do it too
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• She'll be just fine.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• She will be absolutely fine. I felt pretty guilty to because I got really sick when my daughter was 2 months old, and my milk supply completely dried up...I had no way of pumping and was so sick my doctor advised me not to nurse. He reassured me that formula is just as healthy as breastmilk. Didn't use to be but over the years they have mastered it, and made it almost as healthy as breastfeeding. Do not feel bad, and feel lucky that you are still producing enough to continue nursing at night. Hope this helped. GL.
    Anonymous

• She will be just fine.... im having to start the same thing only after 2 and a half months!! your still trying and thats all that matters!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Shes fine. I couldn't BF at all cause, meds that i was on. I have a wonderful closeness with my daughter You are doing great.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I was unable to breastfeed so just be glad you did for 7 months, that's great!
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 31, 2009