WHY IS IT THAT WHEN ME DONT GOT TO WORK THEY EXPECT TO SIT AROUND ALL DAY?

I UNDERSTAND THAT SOME OF OUR MEN WORK ALL THE TIME, BUT MINE THINKS HE CAN SIT ALL DAY AND NOT DO A DAMN THING HE THINKS BECAUSE HE IS NOT WORKING I STILL DO WHAT I DO ON A DAILY BASES. IDTS!!!! I NOT ABOUT TO TAKE CARE OF HIM AND MY TWO CHILDREN HE HAS LOST HE LAST MIND I TOLD HIM THAT WHEN WE DO AND IF WE DO GET MARRIED HOUSEHOLD CHORED IS A PARTNERSHIP JUST LIKE CARING FOR A BABY. PLS TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO OR SAY TO HIM TO MAKE HIM UNDERSTAND????????

DEVOTEDMOTHER2

Asked by DEVOTEDMOTHER2 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• Tell him to go get a J.O.B. # 1 and tell him he needs to help you with the children working or not and married or not. He wasn't being lazy when he was making them so why is he being lazy now. You sound like you know how to put your foot down so put it down girl you have two hands two feet and so does'nt he. I don't take to much shit either as you can see...
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Sometimes the only thing you can do is what I call the "Ditch and run", now I know this sounds terrible but think about it. Sometimes the best way to learn is through expirience. Leave hubby alone with the kids for a day, or sit around like he does. I have been through this. Mine used to think that it was a vacation being able to sit at home all day with 2 kids. I pulled the ditch and run one day and he changed his view and attitude....well for awhile anyway lol
    micki1985

Answer by micki1985 at 9:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I agree with micki1985. Leave him with the kids one day and don't pick up his mess, tell him to do that himself that you are not a slave.

Also remember that men have very short memory spans so this may need to be reinforced on a regluar basis before he finally gets it! LOL
    Anonymous

• what changed my hubby? when he got laid off I went back to work. HE was left to do the things that I had done for the past 5 years. Yeah he quickly found a job and told me that if I wanted to continue working I could but he couldn't handle doing the things that I had done. I gained a lot of respect from him and help!
    kconleymom3

Answer by kconleymom3 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2009