tummy pain...another question please answer ASAP!

ok, my lower stomach has been achy all day, not serious pain just a dull ache, the baby was kicking earlier when it first started (around 1 or 2pm) but not so much now.
any ideas what would cause this?

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 10:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How far are you?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• 26 weeks
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 10:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Well, it could be mild dehydration, the round ligaments stretching, or a precursor to labor.

have a glass of juice and a snack and lay down comfortably on your right side. The baby should resume activity. You should be able to count to ten movements, and the baby is fine. Without any other symptoms such as increased discharge or bloody show, you probably just need to take a break and possibly a tylenol.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• pregnancy is scary stuff, isn't it?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• yes, but that was another thing, i have a lot of discharge usually, but today it just smells stronger..tmi i know..but ...yeah..it is scary .
    I laid down earlier for like 4 hrs and it hasn't went away, I'll try having some water and something to eat and see what gives.
    If I still feel like this tomorrow morning I'm heading into L&D as i can't do anything tonight , it's 10:30
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 10:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• You can call your doctor NOW if your scared. It's ok to, you (or your insurance) are going to hand over a wad of cash at the end of this thing. also, does your insurance offer a nurse line to call for advice>

Aches and pains are normal, though, and babies go through periods of inactivity. (they sleep in there). If your discharge smells foul, you may have an infection and that needs to be treated ASAP. Happens a lot in pregnancy. ( with my first I had one every two weeks).
    feel free to message me if you want. I'm on pregnancy #3 and nothing scares me anymore ;D
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• If I were you, I would REALLY try to get some juice. The sugar in it is what will make the baby want to give more movements. If you don't have juice, try something with sugar, even if it is koolaid or something. The caffeine in any drinks shouldnt hurt as long as you arent drinking caffeine A LOT. Good luck. Hope things get better =] =] =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I'm in Canada so healthcare is covered, we have what we call telehealth, you call and talk to a nurse, i spoke to one about 25 mins ago, she said to go into L&D.
    I would go in now, but it's 10:30 pm and i got no wheels..
    i was basically just more less wondering what it would be and what i should do.
    I'm a first timer and pretty much everything freaks me out
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 10:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Juice, chocolate milk, something with sugar to get that little baby moving.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2009