HELP! MY 21 MONTH OLD SON WON'T EAT

MY SON IS SUCH A PICKY EATER. HE WON'T EAT ANYTHING WE MAKE. HE USED TO LIKE MAC N CHEESE, CHICKEN NUGGETS, VEGETABLES, AND NOW ALL HE WANTS TO EAT ARE CRACKERS AND CHEERIOS. DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS TO HELP ME? HE IS NOT UNDERWEIGHT, BUT I'AM WORRIED. THANKS!

CARECARE04

Asked by CARECARE04 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The first thing my dr told me was that if they are not losing weight then they are fine! But as a very paranoid mother I understand your worry. Its also a good thing that he is not really eating junk food. But to ease your peace of mind call your dr. Sometimes that is the only thing that eases my mind! Good luck!!
    micki1985

Answer by micki1985 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I totally understand you, my son was acting like that for like 4 months but believe me it's just a phase, at first I got angry cause alI the food I did was a complete waste cause I always cook separate for me,so he didn't eat; SoI know it may not seen the greatest option but what I did was starve him until desperation, for ex. in the morning all he wanted to eat was cheerios so I was ok with it always with milk and a banana, before noon he wanted cookies or crackers instead of what I was having like a taco or an omelette or mac&cheese, so he didn't eat what I offered him he wasn't going to eat what he wanted either that was my position yeah he cried and fussed a little about it but like 1 to 3 hours afterwards I'd find him in the kitchen looking for the food so he did eat what I made him, It's hard being tough but it worked for me, once he knew his game didn't work he gave up. it did took me like a month to make him learn.
    proud-mami

Answer by proud-mami at 11:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Both of my kids do this, they go through stages of not eating and then eating like a pig. when he is hungry he will eat just keep offering him his fav foods.
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 12:43 AM on Apr. 1, 2009