my cat is pregnant, can I..

get it an abortion? I was going to get this stray I caught spayed, but the vet said "too late".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pets

• Yes you can, and that is the responsible thing to do instead of bringing more animals into this world. Anyone who tells you off for this is anthromorphizing. Many vets will do this, contact your local Humane Society.

aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 11:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Why would you want it to get an abortion? I've never heard of this being done and I wouldn't agree with it either...unless your cat would die from having the kittens. Just because it is going to have a litter doesn't mean you can't sell them or give them away. It's not like you'd have to be stuck with tons of cats.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Oh my gosh, are you serious? Poor little kitty......
    Anonymous

• its been done, i wouldnt though
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• yes you can but its sad
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 10:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Prolly, my ex-roommate had a "doggie-abortion" done on her dog when she took her in to get her fixed & they found out she was preggo. I'm not overly sure about cat though as they are a considerable ammount smaller.
    humboldtmommy

Answer by humboldtmommy at 11:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• They will spay your cat during pregnancy but it will cost a little more, because they have to make a bigger cut to get the kittens through.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I know who this is, your cat isn't pregnant you buttface. ;)
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 12:41 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Instead of the cat aborting, I suggest either giving the kittens away or hand them over to spca, although if u really love animals the way I do, after u see the kittens u won't want to give them up (kittens r fun they cling on 2 ur shirt and u can carry them around hands free, lol when they get bigger it doesn't work though :( )
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 4:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• aurorabunny " Yes you can, and that is the responsible thing to do instead of bringing more animals into this world. Anyone who tells you off for this is anthromorphizing. Many vets will do this, contact your local Humane Society."

What she said.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2009