I'M SO UNCOMFORTABLE HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

I'm having BAD nausea/heart burn. What will help other than crackers? Not only am I COMPLETELY sick of them, but I don't have any at the moment. Anything else that might or better yet WILL help???
Any and ALL suggestions welcome. =]

mommykayti

Asked by mommykayti at 10:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• salted buttered toast helped me a lot. sounds strange but a friend recommended it and it worked for me
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I have been having heartburn SOOOOO bad lately too. As for the nausea, try ginger ale. Also macaroni and cheese worked for me for some reason too. As for the heartburn that's a tough one. I haven't been able to find much that gets rid of it but laying on my LEFT side seems to help ALOT! Good luck.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I have been thru this six different times and I can relate to the pain and frustration that you are feeling right now I use tagamet the package says not use while pregnant but my ob that I trust completly told me that it would be ok and not hurt the baby at all you could also try alkeselzer
    Jennifermom26gi

Answer by Jennifermom26gi at 10:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• any web sites or anything that might help. this is ridiculously bad. im on the verge of crying. i really cant take it with my emotions running haywire on me!!!!! =[ =[ =[ =[ =[
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My heartburn was so bad that I had to sleep sitting up at night. The only thing that worked for me was milk and tums. For the nausea I had to take a prescription because my job required me to drive and I couldn't just take breaks because I felt sick.
    Anonymous

• im trying this salted toast thing now. lemme tell ya. its NASTY lol. but if it works ill be grateful. oh and i probably should have mentioned that im lactose intolerant lol thanks tho anon
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• GINGER ALE!!!
    blrusso

Answer by blrusso at 10:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I ate ginger cookies, they helped me along with ginger ale. Pasta too, as long as it was light... as for heartburn, rolaids and tums were my best friend!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I sucked on a lot of peppermints to help with my morning sickness. I also read somewhere that B vitamins helped so I drank quite a bit of Powerade and that helped some too. One of the few things I could eat during my 1st trimester was grilled cheese so I also had a lot of these. Hope something helps soon. If not, talk to your dr. They can prescribe a medicine to help with the morning sickness.
    MommyLovesFaith

Answer by MommyLovesFaith at 11:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Sometimes Apple Cider Vinegar can help. Some heartburn is caused when there isn't enough acid in the stomach. There's kind of like a sensor in your esiphogas (sp) that detects acid levels in the stomach. When there is too much acid the door slams shut but when there isn't enough the acids can slowly build up and you will get heartburn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Apr. 1, 2009