anyone have undetcted twins

I work at a hospital and we found two heart beats. I had a sono at 12 weeks and their was only one baby. I am now 30 weeks.

babygirl9669

Asked by babygirl9669 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My mom didnt know that she was having twins until she was 26 weeks with my sisters. That was 20 years ago though.
    1and1make3

Answer by 1and1make3 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Get another ultrasound.
    Anonymous

• there is alot of times that one twin can hide behind the other and there hearts are in sync, making early detection impossible.
    Sheenalynne

Answer by Sheenalynne at 10:43 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• So should I be worried that their will be two cause my doc dosen't want to do another ultrasound and twins are all over in my family.
    babygirl9669

Answer by babygirl9669 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I'd get an other ultrasound but thats really weird that at 12 weeks you could only see one baby. I had my first ultrasound at 7 weeks and they knew I was having twins.
    twinmommy2009

Answer by twinmommy2009 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• the second heart beat most likely was yours when i went in for a doctors appointment my o/b was picking on me showing me the two heart beats and when i looked at him nuts he started laughing and said calm down that second one is yours the ultra sound was correct just one baby lol
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 12:11 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My DH and his sister were undetected twins. They were born in '71, so they didn't routinely do sonograms and all that. They were born perfectly healthy at 37 weeks when my MIL went into labor. DH was born first and 4 minutes later SIL followed. They had no idea she was in there.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 12:29 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I dont think you should worry about twins too much. If they only saw one baby at 12 weeks its not likely you are having two. Greeniemommy makes a very valid point. Its greatly possible that the second heartbeat was yours. If your that worried though ask your doctor to check for a second heartbeat at your next visit.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I if you count my heart beat their was three. Do you all think I am stuiped I work in a hospital and it was an ob nurse that found the secound heart beat.
    babygirl9669

Answer by babygirl9669 at 12:18 AM on Apr. 8, 2009