1 yo. screams when crying!!!

When she is unhappy she cries like most kids, also gets extremely high pitched scream like all kids.

She is my first, I need to know how to stop this before she drives me up the wall.

I am attentive to her but not to a fault. (That may be bias)

Thanks everyone.

Nickol82

Asked by Nickol82 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sorry and I wish I had better advice for you, but just try to ignore it. If you pay any attention to it at all she will just do it more. She is getting to the age that she is seeing what type of reactions she can get out of people, mom in particular. Walk away and ignore her uintil she stops when she does it.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• well she is right, don't pay much attention to her when she does that cause you'll let her know that is somehow relevant and it's got your full attention just, to be honest when my one-year-old daughter does that I'll say something like ( a gasp) 'look a puppy"!! or (shushh) 'can you hear the train or the car passing or the ambulance, ect" and she'll be quiet and forget about it unless she's hungry or hurting cause she fell (she just started walking), that way she'll know it doesn't really work with you the screaming.
    proud-mami

Answer by proud-mami at 11:42 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My son does the same thing--And its a really high pitch scream that feels like it's going to burst your ear drums haha. I have gotten to the point now that It doesn't really bother me anymore, After 2 kids you kinda learn to tune things out. He does it so much now that I am just really used to it. Chances are your child is probably going to do that for a while longer, and may not stop doing it. My son will be 2 in sept. and still screams with that high pitch squeal that he has done since he was about 3 months old.
    mesmerizing2008

Answer by mesmerizing2008 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2009