will he ever be happy with me?

No matter what I do, say, attemt, My husband never seems happy. We have only been married for 2 years and we have a 9 month old son, and it seems shortly after he was born my husband changed. He says I'm too clingy that I "expect" too much from him as in wanting him to spend time with his family rather than going out to eat with his buddies when he gets off work at 12 am and things of that nature. I feel like our Ideas and beliefs on marrige are completly different now. He doesn't even kiss me really anymore. I mean some days are ok, but for the most part we just argue constantly and over nothing. I feel like my son notices too. I always said I would never argue infront of him but he would never see us speak if that was the case....what do I do? He is super stressed because of money but does that give him the right to shun me??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• No it doesn't give him the right. Maybe you could help him out with the money though.. maybe you have parents or inlaws that you can leave your son with for some days. Even a part time job will help with money..
    Anonymous

• If money is the problem do all you can to spend as little as possible. Don't nag about his time out. He may have noticed that you are focused more on the baby, so pay attention to yourself to see if you have taken your husband for granted. Think what is different about you now - think what attracted him to you in the first place- your looks, your conversation, your being interested in him? Then think about him, is having the responsibility of a child making him stressed? Did you work before the baby came and don't now so that money is very tight? As anon said, a part time job would help. It would also get you out of the house and be good for you, maybe. It is always advised when somebody's behavior changes to get a medical checkup so see if you can get him to do that, and it sounds as though you two could benefit from counseling.

Answer by Bmat at 11:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• You might consider siting down with a counselor or the clergyperson who married you (if it was a religious wedding). A third party can be helpful.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I know what your going throught I'm going throught right now too I just had a baby 3 months ago and my husband is so different he is so stressed about money I think it has alot to do with the fiancal part for men and a new baby and it's all new to them being a dad and maybe they just are scared but just don't want to admit it I really understand you just really talk to him let him know how you feel deep down I did and it's helping now good luck I wish you the best for your new family.
    Happy2bemom969

Answer by Happy2bemom969 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You guys really need to talk without judgement. I'm voting for counseling.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:27 AM on Apr. 1, 2009