Do you ever talk in little kid terms when you don't need to?

It's so funny, my husband will ask me to clean the piggy cage(guinea pigs)or where is Alysha's noo noo(magnadoodle). Or what's gonna work? Team work!lol this is sirweeuss.

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 10:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We don't use kiddie words. At all. My 18 month old says vagina. She also cries if someone TALKS to her like she's a baby.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I do not even talk like that to my children! That would drive me nuts, I hate baby talk, lol.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yep, I do it a lot. We went out to dinner with some friends one night and I told my husband that I had to go to the potty and I would be right back. Every one got a good laugh at that.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• We walk around all day singing "WHAT'S GONNA WORK?!?! Teeeeeeeeaaaamwork!" but only because my almost 3 year starts it!
    Caribear0630

Answer by Caribear0630 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• No we don't talk to them like that, they talk like this and it get's engraved in our brains. My eighteen month old says mama and dada not vagina...puleez!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yeah, totally. My son calls my SO "duh" and I catch myself calling him that even when DS is asleep.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 11:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My kid is crazy bright. It's really freakish. If it makes you feel better, my first was behind in everything. My DH and I are actually afraid of what it's going to be like when she outsmarts us.

(She says "vagina" because I said 'don't put your fingers in your vagina") Parrot says, vagina vagina vagina. At least she know what it is, I guess. I can't wait for her to tell my MIL>
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I often do it as a joke with my husband and children. My oldest (25) was a toddler when he tried to divert my attention by saying "See my Voltran?" Now I use that saying on a regular when I need time to think. Last, but not least, I playact singing into my brush microphone to be any character I'm into at that moment.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 11:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• LOL...you know lovinangels, I think you're right...I just had to have a "talk" with my almost 9yo and she didn't know correct terms, and it made it kinda difficult. Anyways to OP, I slip up sometimes and we're way beyond the baby stage. Usually, it is just calling the bathroom the potty though. I teased my SO the other night when he asked me for a fresh-baked brownie and showed me that he had a "happy plate"
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 11:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I still say potty, even when talking to adults. It's a habit after 8 years.
    Anonymous