my daughters boyfriend doesn't have a job so she pays for a lot of things

how do i get her to stop spending all her money on him. She is also not working at the moment so money I give her also goes to getting him things and food. There is not a lot of motivation there and i don't want her "dragged" down.She can do better, you know the drill ....but I love him. help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• If she's giving him money oyu're giving to her...stop giving her money. Buy things she needs yourself so you're sure she has what she needs. But if she needs cash she's going to have to earn it. She might just value it more that way.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• A. Stop giving her money.
    B. You can't do nothing about it. She'll have to smell the coffee on her on. We have all been love struck. She'll have to figure it out.
    fawn321

Answer by fawn321 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• its funny (odd) your talking about her giving money to someone who doesn't work, yet YOU are doing the same thing. Giving her money and she has no job. She is learning it from you.
    Anonymous

• I agree. Stop giving her money. She needs something, get it for her. You giving it to her is enabling her to give it to him.
    mineralgirlzmom

Answer by mineralgirlzmom at 3:36 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I agree with anon :53 . When she's earning her own money, after a while she'll realize what's going on with that freeloader!
    madsmom11597

Answer by madsmom11597 at 6:44 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My son does the same thing...always giving money to the gf but he is working...just he's always broke because of her so then he runs out of gas & guess who he is begging for money? NOT the girl or her parents! Why is it socially acceptable for a guy to spend all his money on a girl but not the other way around?
    Anonymous