Can someone Please answer my question about the smoker police?

I asked a question about the "Smoker Police" but it took me so long to write that it got lost in the new questions and no one answered. Can someone please answer it? I think it is an important question.

FlyMom07

Asked by FlyMom07 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Health

• Well, you were on the grounds of a non-smoking hospital and she had no idea why you were there. I think you should have just put it out and then walked away. I know that if I were her and I asked you to put out your smoke and you just started walking away I'd be pissed. I know you had a very bad day, but someone walking up to you doesn't. This probably is not what you wanted to hear, that's why I didn't reply before.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• In general, people are at the hosp because someone they love is sick or hurt....probably should default on that reason. People don't usually go for giggles. I had no idea of the policy when she approached me only the law, which I had done more than comply with. She knew what I was doing...smoking and talking on phone about DH condition. Besides I informed her of this....AS I was leaving. Why should I give in to her power trip but she not approach nicely nor apologize?
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• In my opinion policy is policy. If they allow you smoke where people can see you then they would have to let the policy slide for others as well. People are in the hospital because they are sick, some people are allergic to smoke, no matter if you're 25 feet from the entrance or not your smoke carries in the draft or wind....I, personally, hate the smell of smoke. If people want to smoke then they should enjoy the smell an do it in their cars or their houses with the windows and doors closed. My nose is so sensitive to it that I can smell people smoking in the car in front of me. I hate it. So, no I don't hate the smoking police...I love them
    Anonymous

• What about car exhaust? Much more dangerous. Close yourself in a garage with twenty chain smokers for an hour...you get annoyed and maybe a little ill. Close yourself in a garage with a running car for 20 min...you die. Why not ban cars? because non smokers use them?
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Apples and oranges..
    Anonymous

• I smoked for 37 years and if someone asked me to put out my cigarette , I would right away. I quit 5 years ago. I feel better. If it is posted that it is a non-smoking area, then you just DON"T smoke. Its as simple as that. Try quitting--it is going to make life easier and you will be healthier. Oh and smoking is expensive!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• You had a lot of answers to that question when I gave my answer.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:02 AM on Apr. 1, 2009