itchy tatoo

i just got a new tattoo last wednesday and now it is absolutely killing me trying not to scratch it. i apply lotion and a&d often to keep it moist, but its still ridiculously itchy. does anyone have any tips to help with my itchy tattoo problem. thanks everyone!

rAbella

Asked by rAbella at 11:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Its just how it is when the epidermis is healing. I love Keils lotion or the generic zinc anti bacterial vasoline they give you at the tattoo parlor. Mine usually start itching 3 days after its done and itch for about a week. Moisturize moisturize moisturize!!! It will help with the itching and help keep the color in better. Oh one other option is the allergy to the red. The red color that 90% of inks use is the color most people are allergic to. It doesnt cause any big problems, just some itching on and off after it heals.
    zoozleroo

Answer by zoozleroo at 11:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My cousin used the antibacterial plus (plus the pain reliever) he always says that works. Good luck, hope you stop itching.
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 11:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Smack it softly but fast. That may sound funny but I worked in a tattoo shop and that what we told ppl to do and it really helps
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• If it is extremely itching I would just let your artist take a look at it
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 10:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• get some vitamin d ointment for your tatoo.I have tatoos it works plus don't scratch.
    monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 8:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2009