cold sores?????

My SO has a cold sore and Im 26 weeks, Does the cold sore present any risk to me or my baby?? Ive had cold sores in the past but none since ive been preggers. Ive heard old wives tales that it can harm the baby or cause an infection. I have unfortunately kissed him on a few occasions but he has not performed oral on me.

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 11:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i dont believe so ..cuz a cold sore is not an infection of any kind but well what suits you best ...or if you feel it worries then call the dr.
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• From what I have found outfrom my mom who is a RN for labor and delivery,She told me that cold sores can be given to anyone thru contact f the actul sore,Him going down on you would be a very bad idea because you could end getting genital herpes,coldsores are caused from the herpes viris,If you were to get the virus on your genital area the baby could get the virus too as it goes thru the birth canal.The baby could get the virus very easly.I have personally had to deal with this myself when it comes to the herpes virus during labor I had it but I got lucky because I was not having a outbreak when I went into labor.If you have any more questions write me back I would more than happy to help.Good luck
    Jennifermom26gi

Answer by Jennifermom26gi at 11:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2009