exercise.. once a week?

i try soo hard to exercise and eat healthy, but it seems like i never have the time for the exercise. im lucky if i can do it once a week. could that be enough to see a difference by summer? i was thinking to myself that thats impossible, but i was hoping for someone to give me a miracle answer like "ohh yeah you'll lose 10 lbs easily!" haha

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 11:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• well something is better than nothing. the little things add up: take the stairs, park further from the door, carry a kid aound =)
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• something is better than nothing but i don't think i would count on any results by summer unless you are dieting too. try to find at least 10 mins a day if at all possible to at least jog in place or dance to some music while you clean the house you will burn some massive calories that way.
    boogaboo214

Answer by boogaboo214 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• no sorry thats not enough, maybe go for a run or walk with the kiddos
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• It can't hurt, unless you do too much on that day- like so-called weekend atheletes who try to do it all in one day and end up injured. And you'll burn off some calories. But it isn't as good as exercising more often. Try to fit in 20 minutes a day at least- it can be in 5 or 10 minute blocks of time, even. 30 minutes a day would be even better, but if you start small there is a better chance that you'll keep it up. If you usually watch a TV program each day, for example, try exercising during that time. Or pick out an exercise program on TV and exercise to that. or find a DVD at the library or buy one that you enjoy working out to. Vigorous housecleaning is good exercise, a nice walk with the children would be valuable, too.

Answer by Bmat at 10:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Have you thought about putting some music on and dancing to it? Works great and builds sweat.
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You can find 30-40 minutes a day. Yes you can. No really, you can. Yep. Yes. You can.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 2:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You can lose weight with the natural vitamin I take , let me know if you like more info? Many moms have and are losing weight.. Read my journal posts..
    Have a great evening!
    Jen
    uniquecandle27

Answer by uniquecandle27 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You def. need to be exercising more unless you are really active with your job, or at home with the kids. Stroll them every day and again in the evening with the hubs and the kids. Make it brisk and you'll be surprised how quickly planned walks will help you lose belly fat.

Also, make it your personal rule to never turn on the tv and SIT. Stand behind the couch or to the side and keep moving doing some form of stretching, walking and running in place, etc. This is how I lost my first 30 pounds sev years ago when I was first div. and my father was dying. I kept moving and didn't sit down. This helped me burn plenty of calories and also work off stress. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 6:59 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Okay, how about this idea! YES once a week will make a huge difference, BUT...the once a week you need to kick butt. Start with over 30 minutes of cardio (make sure you break a sweat) and then do a full body weight train, its not the best to get results but if its all you have. Here is where the but comes in! The other days do 100 crunches, another day take the kids for a walk, another day do something active, a home workout video another time. If you could get in even 100 crunches in a on a regular basis you will see a bathing suit difference! You can do it!!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 2, 2009