Have you ever been investigated by CPS? What was your experience? What was it like?

I'm asking because my son was involved in an accident, and the hospital has reported us to them, so I'm just wondering what 'lovely' things we possibly have to look forward to when they visit.. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• You can look forward to being intimidated as hell ! Make sure the kids are clean with clean clothes, food in the fridge and cabinets, make sure your house is clean etc. My bestfriend called the law on her husband (now ex) when her teenage daughters told her the father was sexually abusing them.......long story short- DCF came in and took all of her children. The social worker said the mother didn't "protect" her children (the husband was already out of the house and had been for weeks). When they finally got a court hearing the judge sent the children back home. Some of them social workers are bitches and love removing children!
    Usually when a hospital makes a claim like that, the law is called and comes to the hospital with a social worker. Did that not happen? If the hospital suspects abuse, they will not let you leave the hospital with that child. I know that's how it worked when I was employed at the hospital here.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:41 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i have been twice when people have gottin mad at me an decided to turn me in all they do is come they tell you why they are there ask you question more then likely talked to your son an then they come back a second time an then you will get a notice in the mail tellin you there findings both of mine came back as unfounded an then there gone
    lilmamas25

Answer by lilmamas25 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My neighbor was.. her kid had brusies. the cops were there first b/c, her and her bf were fighting. Then cops called cps. They took her kid and gave him back like 4 days later b/c, of no eveidence. but they had to do a drug test and 6 weeks parenting classes. And have random check ups for 6 months. Idk in your case they may come out take a look around and never hear from them again. WOW the hospital....did they tell you they were reporting you? Make sure your house is decent, clean clothes, food and should be fine. They will talk to you and your kid. If theres brusies they may make your child strip to look at their body for bruises.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My nosey nieghbor called b/c, he saw our water get turned off. He said we lived there with no water. But wasnt true.. got turned off on a friday and nothing I could do until monday. We werent even there. They look around my house and I never saw them again,,, i got a letter saying case closed. Hopefully you will get a exp case worker who isnt just their to cause trouble. This was like 9 years ago for me.
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 12:09 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• my nosy neighbor called on me too! He said my daughter was being sexually abused because I had my "boyfriends" coming in and out of the house all day. And he heard she went to the doctor(my daughter) and told them it was because she had a rash "down there".
    Well, my "boyfriends" were the plumber, the air conditioner repair guy, and sears repair guy for my washing machine. I had the receipts to prove it. Also, she did go to the doctor for an ear infection. The doctor said it was because she was teething and gave her meds.
    All they did was ask me questions....have the medical records sent to them...and look at my receipts from my "boyfriends".....lol. They said it was unfounded and I have never heard from them again. My daughter was 1.5 years at the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Nope.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:51 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• If CPS didnt come right away and you left the hospital... prolly not to big deal. Just have food, clean clothes, ect.. Hope you get some peace of mind soon.
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 2:17 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• when my daughter was little she was underweight i brought it up to the hospital in her check up well they made a big deal like they found it and i didnt bring it up now mind you she was stricktly breastfed at the time. they had to look into it because the diagnosed her with failure to thrive which in a lot of cases is not feeding you baby well long story short they came saw that i brought it up to the hospital saw the chart i kept of her told me they were sorry to bother me and that was it. she was eating like she should and now you would never know she was that little.but one of my gfs her hubby popped her son with a brain duster and he tripped being a dramatic kid he is and he caught the side of the counter right by his eye they came investigated took him to a council session and gave them parenting for 6mos. thats it but it was scary and intimidating for her and shes a great mom. with 5 kids.
    janiere

Answer by janiere at 2:44 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• We haven't. But my old neighbor did. Three things they made a big deal about with her was having sheets on the kids beds (even though her kids were small and slept in her room they needed sheets on the kids beds), cords hidden behind appliances (computer, tv, etc) and food in the fridge being covered.

Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i had a neighbor call CPS on me, she decided I was starving my kids when I asked to borrow a couple of eggs. ( My husband was at work so I couldn't get to the store) The worker showed up, talked to my kids and looked through my kitchen, when she saw all the groceries she dismissed the claims. I also had a social worker visit us when my son was in the hospital after emergancy surgery because the nurse felt my son should have been in a better mood. he had broken his arm in 3 places and was in pain.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:09 AM on Apr. 1, 2009