Easter for kids?

I was wondering what do most people do for there kids for easter, especially for kids 8 and older besides for the little ones?  I have two children 8 and 4 who i usually do easter egg hunt but also get a little something for them.  My brother has a 12 yr old almost 13 and a 9 yr old who is getting too old for Easter egg hunting according to my brother.  I was wondering what does most people do for easter for their little ones who still into easter egg hunting and for the for the older kids who is getting too old for easter egg hunting?  Also how much does most people spend.  It seems ridiculous to  me to buy each kid a easter basket that is now about $20.00 each and then do easter egg hunting which ends up costing $10.00-20.00 or more to fill all the eggs for four kids.   I am trying to come up with some good ideas for Easter for four kids who is still into it or not.  

2luvbugboys

Asked by 2luvbugboys at 12:24 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Holidays

• The older ones in my family love to hunt the eggs---maybe it is because we put money in them and one special one has a 50 in it. My son is 5 and I try not to give him too much candy in the basket I go to the dollar store and maybe spend 10 dollars on all of his easter needs.
    eeyoree

Answer by eeyoree at 9:37 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Ours like to be the ones to HIDE the eggs, LOL.

Of course, they also like to hunt the eggs as well, so we'll have a special hunt just for them with the eggs hidden really well.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• my ten year old getting the movie twilight and a pair of sandels. First year where i just asked her what she would like. somehow i'm going to arrange them cute is a baskey with some candy. my boys( 2 years and 10 months) if not to expensive i would like to get a sand box ( like the turtle ones) and fill that with the toys and candy
    dawninmanch

Answer by dawninmanch at 12:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• will I do baskets with everyone in my little family.I'm getting bullets and clay pigeons for SO.We sent a basket to Joey with a few pairs of shorts and sandals (thats what his mom said he needed).Nikki is getting a scooter (since we would have had to get her one anyways) and a basket and then she still loves egg hunts.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 1:06 PM on Apr. 3, 2009