A circumcised baby

My son is 3 months old and was circumcised at birth. Up til now it was always looked normal as in it stuck out like a baby penis. Here for the past 2 days now I have noticed it is drawn in. Tonight in his bath when he peed, it stayed drawn in as he peed. Its not inflamed and everything else seems to appear normal. His sack is not hard or anything. So is this normal, or should I take him to the doctor?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 12:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My sons does this too. I took him to the doctor for it and they said it was normal unless it constantly stays that was for weeks and then there may be something wrong. I would have it looked at just incase. For mine its normal
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 12:28 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• my doc said to make sure when i change his diaper to push the skin back to it doesnt re grow. one of my friends didnt listen to my advice on this and she just had to get her 5 month old re circumcised.
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 12:55 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• "Sunk in" as in sunk back into his body? He's plumping up and they tend to get a "fat pad" in that area. One of my boys was so chunky it didn't look like he really had a penis! lol

"Sunk in" as in the skin is all the way to the tip? They don't always get erect before they pee. (my husband found that out the hard way! LOL

I never pushed the skin back. We were told to leave it alone once it healed other than to make sure his penis was wiped clean.

By all means, if you're very concerned call the doctor and get a professional opinion.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:13 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I have no clue as I left my sons penis intact
    Does your baby seem in pain when he pees?
    I hope its nothing serious, if you are worried you should call the ped. and get an appointment for him!
    Good luck!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 11:28 AM on Apr. 1, 2009