Do you get massages?

If so, what do you pay? If not, why not?
If not, because of cost, how much WOULD you pay for an hour massage in your own home or a private office?
I want to appeal to moms as my main clients. Would you be interested in a massage therapist being able to come to you, and being able to work with YOUR schedule?
any more thoughts?
I'm thinking about going to school to become a massage therapist. My husbands grandma has been one for 40 years and is willing to give me all her supplies when she retires (soon!) and in the meantime she will give me all the basic supplies. I am excited to do it but scared in the current economy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Health

• I've only had 3.. and all three were gifts. I cant really afford it right now but if I could I would totally do it. I know some people can get them paid for by their insurance companies, so maybe you could look into that? I would love if someone could come to my house because its really hard for me to get out sometimes, and I honestly wouldn't care if I had to get a massage next to my kids watching CARS or something, LOL! I have a really bad back so any place I could get one would be nice! I wouldn't pay more than $65.00... and I cant really afford that right now but soon I know I will be able to and would do them monthly maybe. Or if you did like.. buy one get one free. You might want to consider charging a travel fee if you go to peoples houses.. for gas and mileage and all that. Just a thought.

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 12:41 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I would get one every week if I could!!! As it is, I may get one once a month:-/ I usually wait until the end of the year and buy as many as I can on our "cafeteria plan"--our insurance won't pay for them but we can put them on the medical account. I get them for my neck and back due to two car wrecks--they really help.
    I actually found my therapist through the local community college--I took a massage class from her. Then I just started going to her. (I did buy a table and such to give my family massages.)
    She has a sliding scale from $45-60--whatever you feel you can pay. I am not sure how I feel about that---I would like to pay the $45, but I know she is worth the $60:-)
    I prefer to go to her house--simply for the going to town. However, I wouldn't mind one in my own home:-) I once had a massage that cost me $250 in Hawaii---my local therapist was far better!! So price doesn't necessarily indicate quality!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Apr. 1, 2009