Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you leave a man who wont let you leave?

my husband has been cheating on me for the past 3 years. he wont let me leave him, i have no family out here they all live in kansas i live in CA. i dont know what to do, ca doesnt have an alienation of affection clause. what would i do with my daughters? if the court doesnt award me sole custody what can i do? i cant take them more than 100 miles away unless my husband is proven to be an unfit parent.


Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • CALL A LAWYER. California law does NOT force you to stay in a marriage. "Irreconcilable differences."

    Answer by gdiamante at 1:41 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

  • Call a divorce lawyer and get a consultation; maybe they'll know how to handle it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

  • Talk to a lawyer if he is cheating on you then you have something on him to divorce him with,right?

    Answer by geenabelle at 1:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2009