Would you be mad/can I still attend? HELP!!

My hubby has a friend, that is divorced and has a 7 year old daughter, and has a new girlfriend that he hasn't told his daughter about. So, tonight he wanted to introduce his girlfriend to his daughter but not as his girlfriend. So he told his 7 year old daughter that the girl was MY HUBBY's GIRLFRIEND, (the girlfriend was in on this too). This little girl, has never met me, nor knows about me or our kids. Not only am I alittle upset that his friend lied with my hubby in the middle of it, but the little girl is having a birthday party this weekend. How can I show up now, with my hubby, and NOT cause drama?? Would you be upset about the first part of the situation, and do you think I should go to the party or stand back?

KGeist86

Asked by KGeist86 at 12:37 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• I would go and let him know I didn't appreciate it. I'd also let the girl know that i'm the wife and that my husband has no g/f. The father shouldn't have lied and he needs to explain himself to his child. If he couldn't tell the truth he shouldn't have even said anything in the first place.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 12:41 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Why couldn't hew just introduce her as HIS girlfriend or even just a friend? What's going to happen if he gets serious with this woman and then turns around and tells her it's his girlfriend? What is she going to think about that? What a moron you DH's friend is. I would go and let him deal with the repercussions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i would be very upset about the whole thing.. the father should have found some other way to deal with this and not bring your family into it. lying is the worst. the father should have introduced the new gf as a regular friend. that is a stupid lie, involving your husband.
    he'll have to figure out a way to explain it to his child. i think you should go if you want to, and bring your children, it's a kid's birthday party after all.
    KyleeTrogolo

Answer by KyleeTrogolo at 12:45 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yes I would be upset. Men are such dumb liars! I would go to the party with no intentions of lying to cover up his lie. You're the WIFE and thats who you should intrduce yourself as. Let hubby's friend clean up his own mess if daughter asks questions.
    actress

Answer by actress at 1:09 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Geez what a moron serisouly wth is wrong with this guy not only did he just further complicate things but he also cause drama for you, I think that if you're able to you need to explain to this idiot that that was NOT okay and he should have just intro'd his gf as his gf instead of your hubs gf, also if you cannot go to the b-day party then your hubs shouldnt either. Was your hubs even aware that that is what this guy was going to do?
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:21 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• He should have introduced her as a friend of his and then slowly helped her understand that they were more than that. Go and take the kids, and when questioned, explain that you are the wife. If she asks about the girlfriend, tell her to talk to her dad.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:58 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• OMG! I would be pissed off. He should have just introduced her as a friend. Never should your hubby or yourself been put in the middle of it. Go and let him deal with it. But i would make it known that you are your hbby's wife and he doesn't have a girlfriend. What does your hubby say?
    mommyofmaknchz

Answer by mommyofmaknchz at 2:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Hell Yeah I would go!!! He is YOUR hubby!! You don't want HER doing the things that a gf would do! And she may be that type of person who would! His friend should introduce her as his gf or at least one of his friends! Kids aren't dumb, and he shouldn't lie to his own daughter! Good luck! Let me know what happens! ;)
    babyluv293

Answer by babyluv293 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• EDIT: My hubby did NOT know about anything, until the girlfriend showed up, and the daughter stated "Your girlfriend is here", looking at my hubby. He then asked his friend what was going on, and his friend told what the "plan" was. My hubby did NOT play along with it at all, he left minutes after this took place.
    KGeist86

Answer by KGeist86 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Yeah I would be pissed! That is crap! he sounds like a lousy friend. You have no obligation to keep up his lie. He could have introduced her as a friend or a co-worker. Go or don't go to the party, it is up to you. But I would suggest not sending your husband to it alone when his friend wants to play that game!
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 1, 2009