Breast Pump/Breast feeding...

I think my breast pump may be broken. It doesn't seem like it has the same suction as it did when I first got it.. maybe it got dropped. idk. I supplement feed and I haven't nursed my daughter since about noon or so and I'm worried about losing supply. Does anyone know how I can fix it? Or what should I do? Thank you to all that reply!! :)

Kitty0907

Asked by Kitty0907 at 12:45 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would call the company. They can help you trouble shoot or maybe replace it! I just called Medela last week because my BAG was falling apart and wanted to know if they could replace it... they are sending a whole new pump!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:07 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You may need to replace the pump. You don't mention what kind...some are NOT worth fixing. Gerber, Evenflo, First Years all have poor track records. It's as if they're made to break down.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:44 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i have the purple lansinoh pump and it works great. When I wanted more milk I ate oatmeal and/or mothers milk tea and that did the trick!
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 2:22 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Nurse instead of supplementing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• just nurse her mama, that is THE best thing to do to ensure you dont loose your milk supply, just put your precious baby to your breast, she will always be better at draining your breasts than a pump will.
    In the meantime, do you had a hospital with a lactation consultant near by? They may be able to take a look at the pump for you to see what the issue is
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 11:26 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• It's a Medela pump, I got it from WIC.
    Kitty0907

Answer by Kitty0907 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2009