How can i prepare my first child to life with a new baby brother?

my daughter is two years old and she is my first child. i am now 7months pregnant and i have no clue how to ready her to be a big sister and having to share my attention and affection with a new born brother. I am very worried she will end up resenting me for the fact i am having another baby. not to mention that they don't have the same dad either. and to make my situation even worse me and my daughters dad went through the whole court scene and he takes her on the weekends. she always begs me not to make her go with her dad but i have no choice but to. its court ordered. now i'm worried that she will hate me because she will see how her brother can stay home and she has to leave. On top of that situation i am having my son by c-section as i did her and i know that i will not be able to play with her and show her as much attention as i have since she's been born. im terrified she'll think i dont have time for her. HELP!!!!!

onelove1988

Asked by onelove1988 at 1:00 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• take her to a sibling class, most hospitals offer those and then just include her in everything from changing to feeding that way she feels like she is contributing too.. Just reassure her everyday that you love her and are always going to be her mommy.
    brees3

Answer by brees3 at 1:22 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I felt the same way before i had my daughter. My son was only 14 months when she was born so I couldn't really explain to him what was goin on. When I had her though he was really good and didn't get jelous he is already protective of her. I don't really know how to deal with that. I would just try to include her in everything let her help with feedings and all of that. It's pretty easy when there newborns cause they sleep alot so ou still have all that time with the older on. When you need to get your rest let your daughter lay wiht you and read a book or something calm like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• okay i have 3 kids 9 5 and 4 when they were little i talked them through it kept them in the loop read big brother books to them asked them what they thought about it. my oldest got to see my 5 year old born that was awesome he was so much a part of it but when my daughter was born my 5 year old was only 13mths old so we just kept telling him that he was gonna be a bigh brother and we let him love on a doll and i showed him how to hold the doll and then when she was born all those gifts came in so we had family bring the boys gifts to. this tradition has now carried on to my nieces who have kids of their own. as for the broken home i am a child of one and you can only be fair with what youhave to do. for example dont go somewhere bigh that she will miss out on like chukie cheese that will only hurt her. make a welcome home sign when she is to return form her fathers house etc. i felt very left out by my family. any qs just ask
    janiere

Answer by janiere at 3:01 AM on Apr. 1, 2009