What is going on with my cat???

I have a six month old short haired cat. I just had her fixed a few weeks ago, surgery went fine. She got vaccinated for rabi's, and has been fine. Well, one thing shes been doin is scooting up her food dish, and spilling her water everywhere. It's becoming a continuous problem and I don't know if it's a behavior thing, or what.....

jamiesmom8788

Asked by jamiesmom8788 at 1:01 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pets

• what do you mean by scooting up her food dish? Do you mean shes moving it around? Some cats have weird eating habits... our cat takes mouth fulls of cat food and sets them NEXT to her dish... then eats it off the counter.. lol.
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 1:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I had 2 cats that did the same thing. My dogs and my moms dogs also do the same thing. I think it is just an animal thing. I wouldnt worry to much about, but then again that is because mine do it all the time. Its almost like it is addictive to them once they figure out how to do it they cant stop.
    skylajacobmom

Answer by skylajacobmom at 1:27 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• She likes to tip it over and dump her water out which then she drinks out of the toliet and my parents think im not givin her water, when I AM lol
    jamiesmom8788

Answer by jamiesmom8788 at 1:36 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Get heavy ceramic dishes that she can't knock over. Problem solved. :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:23 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Your cat may be trying to bury her dishes to hide them from other animals. It's kind of an instinct to protect their food. Try some dishes that have a very wide bottom that will make it harder for her to tip over.
    but i do agree heavy bowls or sticky bowls will do good.
    anymore questions
    contact me at animal help group
    bridynme

Answer by bridynme at 6:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Ok, thanks :) yeah, she needs a bigger litter box as well, so looks like she'll be getting a shopping spree!!! lol
    jamiesmom8788

Answer by jamiesmom8788 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My oldest cat always knocks his dish around and he's almost 9. I think the water might get stale and they are trying to "mix" it up??
    hdb

Answer by hdb at 1:17 PM on Apr. 4, 2009