My first time hosting a party and im not sure how to act. I really could use some help?

This will be the first time my family and my husbands family will get together (mexican and black). I am very nervous about how it will go. I wanted to have a barbeque in my backyard after church. But im not used to throwing partys or get togethers. I guess you can say im not very social, im not even that confortable with my own family, so Im not sure how to act when both familys get together. I want to focus on my kids, but I want to make sure I dont leave anyone out. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I should be at the barbeque? Even though family members have met briefly before Im not sure if I should re-introduce everyone to each other and how can I keep the mood from going dull? Im just afraid a lot of people might be quiet or uncomfortable including myself. What did you ladies do at a baptism or how was it when you went to one? How did you act? was everyone mingling, or quiet? what can I do to make it fun

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Entertainment

• **smile** relax. These kind of get-togethers take care of themselves. Be sure to have plenty of food on hand...that's the thing that can get messed up and people do remember it.

Make sure to greet all our guests and circulate around. The kids will probably be fine without you doing much. You might have some activities especially for the little ones, like a pinata or an Easter egg hunt. Those can be conversation-starters.

Do you have some old family photo albums? Have those out for people to peruse.

And be sure to have plenty of food. (Hey, I'm Italian. All you need for an Italian party is food!)

Answer by gdiamante at 1:22 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• wow thanx for the suggestions. Hope I get more great responses.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i agree with the above. i do get togethers and bbq's and everyone does well on there own.talk and mingle have a few beers ( men ) and the women talk about kids life yards. lol. and as long as theres plenty of food people are happy lol. chips dips lil wennies cooked in bbq sauce seems to be a hit. juice soda beer water, never forget water lol. men normaly gather around the grill least at my house. (: just smile relax and say so happy u could come its been how ever long and if u have to say hey u remember so and so. shes the one who makes the quilts.. something like that. good luck and have fun. i cant wait to do that again this year summer cant come fast enough lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:15 AM on Apr. 1, 2009