• In the Spotlight:

How much fried chicken would I need?

So we are doing picnic style lunch for Easter. Its going to be 6 adults, 1 school aged child, and 3 toddlers. There will be some sides and dessert, but everyone is kinda big eaters. I have a coupon for buy an 8 piece and get an 8 piece free and I was going to get some strips for the little kids. Think that would be enough? Thats about 2 pieces per person. Or should I get another 8 piece too?

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:42 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• When planning for a large party in our restaurant, we would always plan 2 1/2 pcs of chicken per person for adults. Extra fried chicken also freezes very well if you have left overs.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 11:34 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• That should be enough since you have other food. Not everyone will eat two
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I always plan for two-servings per person when I entertain, so that should be enough :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:49 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• When in doubt its better to have too much than not enough, besides cold fried chicken is good too.
    humboldtmommy

Answer by humboldtmommy at 2:51 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I'd think 2 8-pieces would be enough for 7 people, if you've got sides. A lot of times you can make those yourself way cheaper than buying them. Coleslaw, potato salad, mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, Mac-n-Cheese. Veggies of course too... green beans, baked beans, corn. And some bread.

When we have company for dinner, I make the meat- two peices per person and have lots and lots of sides. Nine times out of ten its Army guys would practially inhale anything I make, so I usually do three starches like potatoes and rice or two kinds of potatoes with bread of some sort and two veggies.

Happy Easter!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:11 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• get another one!! It is great cold if you have anyleft over
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:52 AM on Apr. 1, 2009