Why would a BF mom have a problem with a FF mom? To each their own..

I have heard BF makes kids more clingy to moms and dependent. Theres no real proof breast is best.. Im sure its easier then making bottles. If I were to BF my next kid id pump then bottle feed. I think that having to actually use the breast as the milk holder isnt really for the baby. Where is proof BF is best?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• IMO SOME moms think they are perfect moms, they know everything and their way is the only right way and the moms that do things different from them are bad moms who are making poor choices and their kids will be forever harmed from it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• puppyThis is an April Fool's Day Joke.. Right???

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Nope??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Let me direct you to the World Health Organization and the American Academy of Pediatrics for starters. Both of them rank breast as best.

Then let me direct you to the labels on your formula. The manufacturers of formula also say breast is best.

And then let me introduce you to my son, who was breastfed to 26 months and became the most independent toddler you've ever met. First day of preschool? He couldn't get rid of me fast enough. **grin**

Infants are SUPPOSED to be dependent. When you prove to them that they can count on you to be there when it counts, then they're ready to fly on their own.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• hey if breast milk is good for the baby then why should it matter where the baby drinks it from. i tried breastfeeding my son and he had a hard time latching on and i didnt have any patience so i pumped and pumped and I'm gonna try with my next baby and if he does the same thing I'll pump again. i really dont care wither my sons drank from me or the bottle. at least with the bottle i dont have to stop to feed him if im driving as much as i'd like to breastfeed i think its harder taking them off the breast. like i had a friend who breastfeed her kid for four years now thats something i wouldn't want to do.
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 4:33 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My view is it's about bonding & letting baby regulate your milk supply-unlike a pump. As far as being dependent, most BF kids cuddle up and nurse, compared to the "dependent" screaming child waiting for you to mix, shake, warm & bring the bottle back to them. You also fight off anything their body is fighting....cold enters you while nursing, your immunities to fight the cold are passed back to baby through the milk. This doesn't happen with a bottle. (but breastmilk is still the best option even if it's in a bottle) A good friend stated: it's not that breastmilk is superior, it's that formula is so inferior. Ex: Your kid doesn't have less of a chance getting ear infections while nursing, they just have more of a chance on formula/bottle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You are posting in the wrong section. You really should go to the infant section on this one. This is the food and drink category. We don't generally address breast vs. bottle feeding issues here.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:36 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• gdiamante:

clappingyou rock

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 1:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2009