zhow can i teach my daughter to get off that diaper

how can i teach my daughter to get off that diaper

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Do you mean literally get off of a diaper or do you mean to potty train?
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:57 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Try transitioning to pull ups and use rewards, like stickers or something. All kids are different and I know some kids aren't fully trained until 4 and I've heard not to force. I believe when their ready, they will go. My DS is 3 1/2 and is fully trained, he decided before he was 2 that he no longer wanted to poop in his diaper and he didn't but still did pee, I didn't force the issue, figured when he was ready to do both he would and he did but I still had to have him wear pull ups at night because he wasn't ready, then one night I asked him, underwear tonight or your pull up and he said "I want to wear underwear tonight, no more pull up" and that was the end of pull ups and that was just recently, so don't stress. Just keep the potty out or get one that goes over the regular toilet seat and keep asking her.
    dcoscia3

Answer by dcoscia3 at 10:43 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Do not use pull-ups! They are just like diapers. If you daughter is having lots of success going in the potty while wearing diapers, then let her wear regular underwear and commit to helping her be successful. Pull ups confuse and most often slow down progress. If she does not tell you when she needs to go then, take her on a timed schedule every 40-60 minutes, give her a book and have her sit for a little while. Eventually she will go in the potty and then you can reward her.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 1, 2009