HELP. My dogs have gas.

What can I do? I am talking it is I can't turn on the stove smelly. I am afraid to light a match, might blow up the house. And I know it is them as they are the only ones in here and it ain't me. LOL

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 2:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pets

• Might be something in their food that is causing the gassiness. I would suggest trying out a different food. Maybe a grain free or corn free food.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I have given my dog (a husky) a tums before, and it seemed to help! It may just take a bit, and yes it it one of the worst smells ever!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I have a Boxer, known for nasty gas. Having your dogs on a high quality food makes all the difference in the world. Also, giving just a spoonful of yogurt once a day (plain nonfat) really helps as well...
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:22 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• We have Boxers too. Yeah, very very bad gas! Clear the room stinky. We just cope & pull our shirts over our noses until it clears. I'm sure there are dietary things you can do, though we don't do anything ourselves. Call your vet & ask. The techs may even have an answer for you that will spare you a trip in. The girls at our vets office were most helpful during housebreaking.
    SVmagz

Answer by SVmagz at 10:06 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• LOL, they can be stinky! Most dog food available has a lot of fillers (corn products would be listed first etc)....I have three huge dogs and had to switch up their food several times....I buy "Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul dry and wet.....they are super healthy (ages range from 6mo to 9yrs old) and gas free!!!!!!!!!! 

Mamabearisback

Answer by Mamabearisback at 11:23 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My dogs fart alot and it is so funny how they look at their butt then they look at me with a gross look on their faces like "I cant believe you did that! thats discusting!" they look at me like i did it! lol Im curiouse how to stop the gassy pups too!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• lol sounds like your dogs have intestinal issues. Have you thought of giving them fresh milk that is not pasteurized and maybe even just making your own dog food its cheap and easy.
    meganiph

Answer by meganiph at 6:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• usually getting somemeat tenderizer helps a little, some garlic powder helps too, but gas is the dogs way of releasing what is in the food they are eatung, my pits get it too and its not pretty either... the quality of food sometimes helps, but if you have a dog with a touchy stomach, anything will give them the poots...lol ask your vet what you can add to their food, rice, veggies, etc... I have my dogs on pedigree, and garlic powder with fish oil tablets... it is good for their caots too.
    MZCHRIS

Answer by MZCHRIS at 6:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Some dogs fart or burp because if they don't their stomach will flip. Bthat more for the medium and large dogs, little things don't need to worry about that.
    bridynme

Answer by bridynme at 6:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Gas is a common problem for many breeds. Also, if your dog is on a food with too much Corn and fillers you will get gas... Here is a link to help you-  All experts / alternatives ....

some good tips for dog with gas issues: see here:

Boston Terrier with BAD GAS

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Dog-Food-Canine-3799/2009/3/Boston-terrier-gas-dog.htm

nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 10:01 AM on Apr. 5, 2009