does this sound like something wrong or no?

my daughter the past few days has been having a painful cry every once ina while throughout the days. she has been having projectile throw up 1-3 times a day.. shes been doing this gagging thing where it islike she is choking shes been doing that since she was born ( her pedi knows bout the gagging) her breathe also has an acidy scent to it. she also squirms and gets upset when shes breastfeeding....her temp yesterday and the other day was 100 degrees....
am i being over dramatic and its all normal? or no? im a new mom i am not sure whats extreme or what is nothing to worry about

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:42 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Most of it sounds like reflux to me. I'd get her into the doctor.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:54 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• like asap? or can i wait for her 2 month check up which is in 2 weeks?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:56 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I'd call tomorrow and ask. If they can see her sooner, it might be better. Don't want her to suffer for two weeks if you can get her in before then. I know my good friend's baby had reflux really bad, and she was so much happier when she got on reflux meds. My daughter has it too, but it came on when she was a little older.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:58 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• okay should i SCHED an appt or tell them whats wrong and see what they say about it?? sorry i know i sounds stupid lol but i havent ever dealth with a pediatrician office and this is my first child. :D
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:00 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Hi. Call and ask for the advice nurse. Tell her what has been going on and that you have a feeling something isn't right. Ask her to set up an appointment for you. Doctors keep some appointments on reserve for the advice nurses to use to schedule. Write down everything. When she nurses, fusses, vomits, what her fever is... that way you won't be relying on memory.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:03 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• okay thank you both very much :) i appreciate it
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:07 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• It sounds like she may be caulicy. Dylan gets that way sometimes and it only lasts for a day or two. I agree with the other mom's though. If the temp is ever over 100.4 under the arm (the thermometer will read 99.5) then it's time to take them to the Dr.

Hope this helps. :)
    mama_of_lil_man

Answer by mama_of_lil_man at 5:01 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• It sounds like reflux to me too and you'll want to mention it to the doctor. The fever may be something different as it usually indicates an infection, don't wait on taking her in, I'd call today. Usually it's nothing serious so I wouldn't worry too bad. The fever you mentioned is not high at all and there may not be any problem at all.

As for the reflux you can also help her by changing your diet if you are breastfeeding. Continue to eat as healthfully as you can. Stop eating all dairy products and milk, it could make the problems your having worse. Also, no caffeine, sugar or chocolate. (watch the sodas)

If the reflux is pretty bad you will still need meds from the doctor, but the diet change should help. Talk to your doctor and a breastfeeding expert.

Hope this helps some and your baby is feeling better soon. Good luck! :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My son had reflux and this was what it was like when it started. Reflux can be very painful for babies, so I'd try to get an appointment as soon as you can. The doctor may want to prescribe her some meds that will help the pain and vomiting.
    quirkymama

Answer by quirkymama at 8:40 AM on Apr. 1, 2009