How can I stay balance or level headed at a job that kind of gets on my nerves, but I got to work this job until I graduate from college. I sometimes get side track with other things and put that ahead of my college work. I am trying very hard to stay focus, but it gets hard at times. I sometimes thinkI need a break from the area that I currently live in. I need advice.

willsurvive

Asked by willsurvive at 4:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• Here's the order of business.

1. Family.
    2. School.
    3. Work.

Hard to advise you any further because your situation isn't clear. But if you can keep those priorities in order it will help you figure out what you need to do.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:24 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I worked a crappy job for a long time. It was tedious work for not nearly enough pay. But every morning when I growned "WHY???" I would look over at my son and remember why. Everyone makes sacrifices for their family. It just happened that my sacrifice at the time was working that job.

Could you try finding another job maybe?
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You need a job to pay bills so I would say you need to suck it up and find a way to make it work. I worked a 50 hour a week job and went to school full time. It was no easy but I did not have kids yet so I made it work. I was able to quit that job once I graduated and secured a job in my field. I love that job but it is still simply a job that pays the bills and I do it to feed my family. It drives me nuts at times other times is great. They don't call it work for no good reason.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Keep focused on the goal. You have two options. Continue as you are and keep on plugging away until your education is completed, then find a job in your field. Or quit school, work as much as you can, save as much as you can, return to school and if you can, be more selective in your paying work. Either way you'll end up doing something you don't like, but it's not forever. I worked alot of dumb jobs to get through school, but taking classes I loved and finally finding work in my field made it all worhtwhile.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 10:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2009