• In the Spotlight:

losing weoght;How can I keep up that momentum?

Hi!
I'm busy losing weight and I allways have short periods where it's going well. I feel good, do my exercise, totally in the mood. But when I lost a couple of pounds I kind of feels secure and start bingening again and gain weight. How can I keep up that good mood and how can I remind myself of how good it feels when I don't binge and how rotten if I do? I really want these pounds off my hips but it is depressing sometimes, because it feels like I'm a slow learner

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 4:35 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Are you setting weight loss goals, lbs loss wise? (ex. 7lbs by....) I think that would be a great start. Also, are you eating or starving yourself while your dieting/losing weight? I personally, can't diet. I love food and it makes me happy :) So, I found something that's finally going to work for me. Eating 5 small meals a day. I've been doing it for 3 days now and have lost 2lbs already. Don't get too comfortable and I guess the only way to avoid that is to know that the weight loss isn't enough until you've reached your numerical goal.
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Keep a food journal - that way you can go back and see if there is some kind of pattern or something. I hope that makes sense -
    swrockhead

Answer by swrockhead at 4:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Find a friend or a fam. member like a sister who would be motivated by your weight loss and also she would motivate you to keep going. My daughter and I call each other every day. And sure, you will have some days that you feel more sluggish, but be sure that you are getting enough protein 3 times a day (that's with breakfast, lunch and dinner) to keep you full and also to give your body something to process the rest of your foods.

Take out sugars that make your insulin level go up and then plummet, which also can make you feel yucky. Leave desserts, soda's and junk foods behind right now. You'll lose much faster and more consistently.

Wear a pedometer and make your goal 5 thous steps every day the first week, then go up to 6K, then 7, and the ultimate 10K a day! I promise, if you eat well, drink plenty of water to keep the body flushing out, then you will lose. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 6:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2009