A guy that was once in the life as that someone special,but he walked away from me several times getting involved with someone else. The thing is there is alot of history between the two,but he wants to be friends. The person does not know if she should be friends with the guy because he had the chance and did not take it. The guy says he is sorry, and realize the mistake of not being with that person. The guestion is should a person forgive, and risk the same stuff happening again?

willsurvive

Asked by willsurvive at 4:38 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Forgive? YES, always!
    Take him back? NO WAY!
    So what if there is 'history', what about the 'future'. People that live in the past or have romantic thoughts about old bf's are immature (talking from experience). Seriously, they can not handle stepping forward & embracing what lies ahead. You can not move into a mature, healthy relationship if your always looking back. Tell her to keep her head straight & keep moving. Eventually, she'll be glad she did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• There's an expression that says "you can ask me to forgive, but to ask me to forget is to ask me to give up a lifetime of experience". Are you really wanting to do that?

Also, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. If this guy has done this several times, that means he doesn't really want you, he just wants you to want him, to be strung along and there. Sort of like a kid that doesn't want the toy, doesn't want to play with the toy, and leaves it in the back of the closet, yet, whenever anyone else notices it's there, or whenever his mom says lets give it away, he throws a fit. Why - because it's HIS, whether he wants it or not.

Sweetie - you are his toy. If he's acting this way, he doesn't want you, but he can't stand the thought that you might not want him. He wants to keep you there as his walking ego boost, his "fallback".

Or, at best, he's a flake. either way, you deserve better.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:31 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Oh, one other thing, you say he's done this several times. Well, as they say, people who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

It's time to move on, and not with him.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:32 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Absolutely NO
    grammylynn911

Answer by grammylynn911 at 9:27 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• When a person shows you who they are...believe them.
    Msunique80

Answer by Msunique80 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Tell him you forgive him and make him spend all his money on you.
    diamonds, ect.....Then dump him like he dumped you.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2009