strech mark creams

What is the best strech mark cream? Which ones work and which ones don't? Right now I have Keri Renewal Stretch Mark Minimizer... anyone tried it before? I'm 24 weeks pregnant and I want to prevent them as much as possible. Thanks for the help! :)

BeccaBoo518

Asked by BeccaBoo518 at 5:33 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, I didn't start getting rid of mine until after I had my baby. But vitamin E oil works great.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 5:34 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I thought the best thing was Berts Bees Almond Hand Cream. I never got a stretch mark with that stuff and then when I started using palmers I got a whole bunch over night (I know people that say that palmers is the best. If you "youtube" palmers stech mark test. There has been a blind test done for all of the stech mark creams and palmers was the cheapest and came out number one). So now I give my freinds hand cream when they find out that they are expecting. If you do get them, after you have the baby you can use vitamin E to help them fade and retinol (wrinkle cream) to shrink them.
    JenFunSniffer

Answer by JenFunSniffer at 5:55 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i believe its all about how your skin streches i used the same lotion i used everyother day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Nothing will prevent them. If you're going to get them, you're going to get them no matter what creams you use.

Sorry. There's a strong genetic component. Did your mom get them? You most likely will, too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Honey there is nothing to prevent strech marks! I have tried all kinds of stuff. The best way is to not gain an incredible amount of weight..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• In 1966 a little Italian lady told me to make sure after I bathed to rub my tummy and hips and upper legs in good olive oil. I did this and even gaining 65 lbs did not have one stretch mark. Worked for me twice and Im 62 and not a mark on me anywhere.
    tramar47

Answer by tramar47 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• While stretchmarks are genetic you can definitely reduce the appearence of them etc. My family get's stretchmarks, it's a fact. I developed them on my breasts and thighs at puberty (not gross, but they are there). A cream with vit. e in it is good, a thick one. :) I use the tummy butter by palmers, w/ vit e. It's thick. I didn't get many during my first pregnancy, and it appears to be helping with this one. While I still got some it's not like my mother, or my sister, etc. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:59 AM on Apr. 1, 2009