How much milk do you normally pump?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 6:58 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont pump normally, my baby (all 3 of them actually) wont take a bottle, when I did try to pump and feed with a bottle I got at most 4 ounces at a time, sometimes that was the total from both breasts
    BUT, how much you pump is no indication of how much BM your baby gets when he nurses at the breast, a baby is ALWAYS better at draining your breasts than a breast pump is, a babys mouth was made to nurse!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 11:23 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• When I first started pumping when I was engorged after my son was born I seriously could pump 12oz TOTAL!!

I know it's crazy, but eventually my milk supply adjusted to my son's needs, which was great news for me b/c when it started adjusting I didn't leak as often.

I didn't use bottles very often, in fact maybe a total of 10x . I was home the majority of the first year and a half so I didn't need to use them. About 8 months into nursing I could pump about 4oz. and from 1year to about 20mo. I could maybe get 2oz!

HTH
    MasonsMommy1707

Answer by MasonsMommy1707 at 7:41 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• 1-2 oz total. I've always been like that. My body just does not respond to pumping (even hospital grade pumps).
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:55 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• On my left 1 ounce and my right 2... lol... I'm diff. what can I say :-D
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 8:03 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• When I was pumping, I was able to pump 6oz per breast (10 minutes per breast)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:36 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• when i was pumping i was pumping about 4oz per breast but i didnt pump that much
    mom2b23869

Answer by mom2b23869 at 8:58 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• At best? Five ounces. I got that ONCE. Most of the time, two ounces.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:08 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Now I pump at work, just started back part time, and I get 8 oz total but i only pump for about 15 minutes at lunch. Cecilia is on a reverse schedule so she waits until I get off work to eat.
    mariaria

Answer by mariaria at 9:26 AM on Apr. 1, 2009