What does sushi taste like?

I was wondering if anyone here could describe what sushi tastes like. Is there much difference in flavor between raw and cooked? Are there different types? I don't think I could bring myself to try the ones with raw fish, but the ones with cooked fish might be nice. What do you recommend? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Like shit....the second time I was taken to a Japanese restaurant, hell I took me some hotsauce and seasoning salt.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 7:58 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My husband likes it, just make sure it's fresh so it doesn't taste fishy.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:31 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Sushi
    Is
    AWESOME!!!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• It depends on what kind you're getting. Sounds like you're talking about California rolls, though.

The seaweed wrap and the sticky rice are sweet. California rolls are made with crab (usually imitation) and avocados...you may already know what those taste like.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:20 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• just try it! everybody has different tastes! I brought it for snak to elemntry scool and the kids loved it! ( California rolls)
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:54 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• good depending on what u eat i like the california rolls there grrreeeeaaaatttt
    JEDDHAZEN

Answer by JEDDHAZEN at 11:47 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Bbq eel is cooked and delish.
    Spicy tuna roll.
    those are my two favorites.
    I dont really qualify california rolls as sushi though. :/
    Theres also one called samuri. It is salmon, cream cheese that is fried and then some sweet eel sauce is put on it. It's cooked and really good.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 8:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2009