Who has joined Curves for women?

Once you joined and started going on a regular base. Did you see any results with the 30 minute plan? What other exp have you had while at curves? I am just wanting to know before I set up the pay plan if this place is really worth it.

Tennin

Asked by Tennin at 7:36 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Health

• Our secretary lost 60 pounds between Curves and Weight Watchers. My sister loses when she goes consistently and does WW. My mom goes and really likes it--she has never been an exerciser but is now walking, bought a treadmill, and goes to Curves;-)
    If you just want a set workout and to know what your are going to do---it might be just what you need:-) I think they do get results if you also eat healthfully--like any program--eating is key:-)

Personally, it would drive me nuts going around in a circle on cue:-) But I like kettlebells, free weights, and such. If I were to join a 'gym' it would be the Fitness 1 in town because they are open 24/7--but as it is, I workout at home mostly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I joined and I think it depends on where you go. On the commercials they make it look like a fun, friendly place where the trainers are encouraging and supportive, but the one I went to they all had their cliques and I would try to get help on a machine and they'd be chatting away with their friends. Eventually I stopped going.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Curves works,you need to give it a chance. It does depend on the Curves individually. The one I go to has a great owner and instructors who are very easy going and helpful if you need it. Ive been going for years so I dont honestly feel the need to socialize there-i want to work out and get out. I take it very seriously. IF you go at least 3 x a week and work hard and change your eating habits to sensible,it does work. Ive lost 25 lbs and toned up. It is NOT a gym,which is why I like it. Its not about socializing or meeting guys or anything else,its a place for women run by women.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 1:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Ive lost 12 inches throughout my body at Curves. It does work,if you work hard!
    Anonymous