Looking for fun activities to do with my preschooler in Bergen Co, NJ

Hi, I just moved to the Meadowlands area in Bergen Co NJ. I am a stay at home mom and I am looking for things to do with my four year old daughter during the day. It is too late in the year to register her for preschool or dance classes and so I am hoping to find some fun drop in activities, play centers, museums, etc to keep her entertained and learning during the day. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Amy

chleocatra

Asked by chleocatra at 7:41 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• There is Turtle back zoo in west orange and Liberty Science Center in Jersey City are great day trips. Sorry those are the only places I can suggest because I am down in South Jersey, but like I said those are really great day trips even if you have to travel a little.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 8:15 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I live in Union County. But I know around the Paramus area there's a children's museum that is alot of fun. There's also a nice park around that area too that has a real nice carousel. And dunkie glc mentioned Turtleback zoo and Liberty Science Center. Also down at Pt.Pleasant there's Jenkinson's Aquarium, it's small but its nice. Around here by me, there's The Nature and Trailside Center, it's free and pretty cool and there's a great playground there too.
    dcoscia3

Answer by dcoscia3 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 1, 2009