If you had your wisdom teeth taken out(all four of them) how would you DH or SO treat you afterwards while you were healing and on pain meds?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• He treated me like a queen. He took me to and from the appointment, got my meds on the way home and waited on me hand and foot for a few days.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:11 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My Dh would take care of me, what else? He would make sure I wasn't in pain, he would rub my feet, he would go to the store for me, etc... Same thing I would do if he wasn't feeling well..
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:14 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Unfortunately, I had my wisdom teeth out when I was still with my ex-husband. He was not at all understanding or caring. He kept saying, "I ate a cheeseburger a couple of hours after I had my wisdom teeth out." Whatever! All four of mine were impacted and it was very painful. If I had gotten them taken out when I was with my husband now, I'd have been completely taken care of and loved!
    divakristi

Answer by divakristi at 8:20 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My husband would take care of me. Get me what I needed, make sure I'm comfortable, basically just spoil me. Thats just his nature I guess. I would do the same for him.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 8:26 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I had my wisdom teeth taken out when I was 18...14 years before I met my husband, but since we've been married and had children, I have been hospitalized twice--both life-threatening situations, and my husband was my voice in the hospital and my "nurse" when I came home--as it should be, because he knows that it what I would have done for him if the situations were reversed. This is why he is my soul mate, my confidant, the person I will grow old with.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:00 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• It would depend on how much I was affected by the drugs and how much pain I was still in and on how much I could still do for myself. If I was still able to take care of myself, I would expect him to go to work and I would take care of myself. If you just thought he should pay more attention to you because you had dental work done, I don't think that's fair to him. If you were too bad off to take care of yourself, that's another matter. But if that is who he is, I am sure you knew it before now. It's always a good idea to remind ourselves that this is the man I chose to be my husband, warts and all.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:00 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I sympathize with you. My husband is useless in any situation other than work. He was brought up to be a man and earn money. That's it. I should have dumped him long ago. I urge you to do that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• He treated me just the way I wanted...he made sure I had books and the TV remote and plenty of fluids and left me alone. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 9:18 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I will never know - I don't have wisdom teeth.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 9:40 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• He would continue to treat me like a Queen like he always does! He would make sure I was comfortable, make sure I had something to eat, whatever I wanted or needed.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:00 AM on Apr. 1, 2009