What was the whole computer virus thing about?

I heard about it once on here the other day and they were supposed to be telling tips on the news but I missed it. So, is anything going on with that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Microsoft has free scans you can do to see if your computer was effected, mine wasn't because it was up to date. I did read somewhere that those who had the virus and tried to run the Microsoft scan had their computer crash. Idk if that's true in all cases, but that's what I read.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I don't know completely, but on my news this morning, they said to go to the Microsoft website, and if you can't, you have the virus.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 8:19 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Its called the Conficker virus. I spoke with my brother about this (he's a server administrator) and he told me thatas long as your microsoft software has been updated since October, that you should be find. There have been several forms of the Conficker worms, and Microsoft corp patched the "holes" the virus has been getting in through around October. If you have been updating your Microsoft software and anti-virus software, you should be protected.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:27 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• They just had story in 60 minutes. last Sunday .It's scary how easy hackers can get to your computer.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I did all my updates and backup yesterday...just in case :)
    JanMarie225

Answer by JanMarie225 at 10:52 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Just something else to panic puter users about.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 2:08 PM on Apr. 1, 2009