here's some advice.. pay the xtra for the warrenty!! i'm thankful i did.

ok we have a vizo 42 inch flat screen got in january. and we got the 2 year warrenty. ( thankgod ) so lastnight ds age 3 was sitting on couch watching spongebob i went to do a few dishes gone less then 2 mins. come back into living room my screen looked like a bar code WTH! could see in ds eyes he knew he was in trouble. yeah he hit the screen with something. ( toy ) i called the store and told them what happend and they said as long as we have everything its ok thankfuly we had EVERYTHING including the box and foam stuff so i had to repack it and drive to the store at 8pm took about an hour was home by 10 pm. but thank gd for the warrenty its worth the added 100 bucks. with out it we would be screwed, and we cant wall mount it due to horsehair plaster it would just fall of the mounts. but it ruined my night sitting at the store instead of being home all comfy. and always keep the packageing u never know if u will need it.

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 8:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• ugh I wanted to buy the extended warrenty for our 42 Panasonic but hubby is cheap and never wants to buy anything like that. Its sad when I buy things I buy warrentys.. so we have a 300?? dollar wii with a warrenty but our 1000 dollar tv doesn't lol. doesn't make much sense oh well though!! He'll be the one kicking himself if something goes wrong with our tv.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 8:34 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• lol men. mine tried that with the t.v but i said we have a 3 year old and horsehair plaster so its in his reach were paying for the warrenty.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:42 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My husband won't pay for a warranty either. We do have the service contract on our satellite tv service though, after it cost us to have the repairman come.

Answer by Bmat at 9:27 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Depending on what the item is, we'll have a warrenty... We had the service repair warranty when we had direct tv, and it was only 5 bucks a month, but money got tight for a while, so I told my husband I was going to cancel it just until we were better off... Something came up so I didn't do it, and don't you know two days later our satellite was vandalized we it replaced... Had I cancelled it like I wanted, it would have been 300 dollars to repair it... we would have been without tv for a very long time.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 1, 2009