pineapple upside down cake do u know how its made this way????

many years ago a women i knew made her pineapple upside down cake with sour cream ( i think ) it was a cream like sour cream or cream cheese. she would do a regular yellow cake but it was the topping or her frosting that made it to die for. anyone know how to do it that way so i guess the topping i havent seen her in years but still crave for this cake. i have looked it up and have found nothing. i know she used the cream whatever cause i thought omg how strange but the tast was mmmm.

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 8:39 AM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I've never heard of it made that way, but it was probably cream cheese that she used... It does sound rather delicious. I hope someone else knows cus I want to try it.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:05 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i know when i saw what she was useing ( 10 years ago ) i thought ewww but i had a slice before so i knew it was good, and i had to host a babyshower and thought it was perfect she said she would make it for me and she did and i saw the cheese it had to be cream cheese and thought ok diffrent. but i cant find it made this way online. i too hope someone can help. please can anyone help! (:
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:13 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• She may have made a cream cheese frosting, if I am reading your question correctly. There are many recipes for that. Many cakes also use sour cream in the batter. It makes for a very tender cake. I wasn't really sure which you remembered.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 11:32 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i dont remember much it was 10 years ago. lol. i just rememberd she used something ( cream cheese? ) that i never saw put into a cake frosting. i know there was coconut in it like shreeded coconut and pineapple slices on top it gave it that slight pineapply tast. god it was soooo yummy.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2009