When is it time to go from a highchair to Booster chair?

My 16 month throws a fit when I try to put him in his is like WWIII trying to gt him to sit in it time for a booster or some other option? Suggestions/ stories/ HELP!!!!

Asked by Mommie2Max at 12:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• after 18 month my son is using bouth , depends where he wnts to he is 2 and he even sits on the regular chair like mommy and daddy.

Answer by elinka at 12:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My daughter is 9 months old and has never used a high chair. She has 2 booster seats, one with a tray and one without. I don't think there is much of a difference in which you use. I don't use a high chair because I don't have anywhere to store it. So I think you can use a booster at any age.

Answer by jillienlily at 12:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• We plan to switch my daughter over when she is tall enough to be at table height in just a booster OR she seems to be more comfortable in just the booster. Also she must be capable of understand that at mealtimes we sit and stay...but she seems to have that down already.

Answer by jaycee1124 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I went from a high chair to a booster after 9 months. As long as the child has good balance and can sit comfortably at the table I say go for it.

Answer by FAHTMOM at 2:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I bought my son one of those booster seats that you can strap him in. He was 18 months old. That way he can sit at the table with everyboy else, but you don't have to worry about him falling out of it.

Answer by redtang912 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2008